It’s (j)ust (e)leventy and (t)ailwind … OK, and a few other things; it’s still *really* small though.
* [View on Netlify](https://marcamos-jet.netlify.com/)
* [View on GitHub](https://github.com/marcamos/jet#readme)
[![Deploy with Vercel](https://vercel.com/button)](https://vercel.com/new/git/external?repository-url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fmarcamos%2Fjet.git) [![Deploy with Netlify](https://www.netlify.com/img/deploy/button.svg)](https://app.netlify.com/start/deploy?repository=https://github.com/marcamos/jet)
[Eleventy](https://www.11ty.dev/) and [Tailwind CSS](https://tailwindcss.com/) are my favorite things right now.
While learning how to use Eleventy, I came across [a few starter projects](https://www.11ty.dev/docs/starter/) that combine it with Tailwind CSS, which is _amazing_, but they also come with so much more.
Personally, I _only_ want Eleventy and Tailwind … and, taking the desire for simplicity one step further, I only want to use them via NPM scripts.
So, I made this and it seems to work 🤷♀️
## How you can use it
1. [Create your own new repo from jet’s template](https://github.com/marcamos/jet/generate), or [clone this one](https://docs.github.com/en/free-pro-team@latest/github/creating-cloning-and-archiving-repositories/cloning-a-repository)
2. Install dependencies: `npm i`
3. Start development: `npm run dev`
4. Visit http://localhost:8080 to see your work-in-progress
5. Do super-fun Eleventy and Tailwind things
6. When you’re done: `npm run build`
7. Host your project somewhere ([Netlify](https://www.netlify.com/) and [Vercel](https://vercel.com/) are nice options)
That’s it 🕺
## A Note on Tailwind CSS v2.x
**As of November 25th, 2020, jet has been updated to utilize Tailwind CSS v2.0.** If you want to upgrade your project from Tailwind CSS v1.x to v2.x, the Tailwind folks have a _wonderful_ [Upgrade Guide](https://tailwindcss.com/docs/upgrading-to-v2) you should review.
I _originally_ built this in about an hour through trial-and-error, so I'm sure there's _a lot_ of room for improvement.
If you try it and find issues, or think of improvements, please [file an issue](https://github.com/marcamos/jet/issues/new) and/or [create a pull request](https://docs.github.com/en/free-pro-team@latest/github/collaborating-with-issues-and-pull-requests/creating-a-pull-request).